My dear Bookfriend (yes, I’m coining the term), Lindsay Detwiler, author of Voice of Innocence, nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I was stalking Lindsay’s blog way before we became friends and encourage you to check it out and one-click her book Voice of Innocence.
Here are the answers to the eleven questions Lindsay gave me followed by my own questions for the eleven blogs I nominated.
1. What book most changed the way you think about life and why? Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. While the story is an incredibly fun read (one I’ve read 3x), what changed the way I think about life is the fact this book is self published. In fact, it’s the first book I ever hear of being self-published. I was intrigued and hopeful. It was like a light bulb went off in my head.
2. What is your favorite picnic food? My husband proposed to me after a picnic on our old college campus. For that reason, I am going to say Prosciutto and Mozzarella sandwiches because that’s what we ate.
3. What is your favorite place in your hometown? The water front. No matter where I have lived, I have always been within driving distance to a marina, beach or bike path along the bay. It brings me peace and clarity. I don’t think I’d ever be able to live somewhere where I couldn’t see the ocean.
4. What was your favorite food as a child? P I Z Z A (nom, nom)
5. Which celebrity would you be most likely to be friends with? Sir Richard Branson! We can save the world through charitable work and then go swimming off his private island and fly to space together. All in all, he sounds like a pretty good time.
6. What song summarizes your life motto? “The Way You Look Tonight” When I am old and gray, I know I won’t wish I spent more time at the office or ate that cheeseburger I deprived myself of. What I’ll be thinking about most, are the people who made my life complete. Their smiles, their faces and most importantly their laughter. I try to live my life with this thought in mind.
7. What was the best class you ever took? Acting for Film at the New York Film Academy. Learning to let go of your inhibitions is incredible and tapping into your feelings to properly express yourself is the best form of therapy.
8. Who has inspired you the most in your life? My childhood friends. I was lucky to grow up with an artistic group. We’re all in our thirties and still following through with our passions. Sure, no one is a millionaire, but we haven’t given up either.
9. Tell us something that has made you laugh in the past week. My son and daughter. Hell, they make me laugh everyday. They’re only 2 and 4 so everything they do is pretty hysterical.
10. What is your favorite thing about summer? The weather. New York winters can be brutal. I soak up the sun like a squirrel harboring nuts.
11. What would be your six word memoir? (In other words, you must summarize yourself in only six words). Did My Best. Hope Thats OK.
Now – here goes my nominations. I nominate: Crystal’s Chaotic Confessions, Martha Sweeney, Vox Libris, Mick Loves Books, Have Book Will Survive, Elisa Marie Hopkins, Cynthia A. Rodriguez, Just Amy, Running With Scissors, Sebella’s Situation, Every Book Lover’s Blog, and Nikolina.
And your questions are:
1. Name a book you wanted to hurl against the wall and why.
2. Who is the book character you relate to the most?
3. If you could choose one superpower, what would it be and why?
4. Where was your first kiss?
5. If you can eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be?
7. What have you always wanted to do but never tried?
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
9. If you could choose two famous people to be your parents, who would they be and why?
10. What is the nicest thing anybody has said, or you believe they would say, about you?
11. How would you describe yourself in three words?